Mission Statement The Association of Grand Rapids Landscape Professionals promotes the use of horticultural products and services while fostering professionalism within the landscape industry.
1. We believe education promotes growth.
2. We believe each member has the potential to be profitable.
3. We believe each member has equal status within this association.
4. We believe each member should promote integrity and credibility to customers and vendors.
5. We believe the horticultural industry is environmentally important to the public.
6. We believe research is the key to new knowledge and profitability. Member Services, Programs, &
- We are a chapter of the Michigan Nursery and Landscape Association (MNLA).
- Closely affiliated with the Michigan State University Extension Service.
- Free Education – monthly classes and seminars for member firms. Lunch included for one or two people per company based on dues level selected.
- Host Members at your Facility – opportunity to hold our monthly educational meetings at your facility, bringing members of AGRLP through your door!
- Discounted rates for many Educational Programs like: -Winter Learning Series – courses during the winter months with a variety of education and ability to earn MDA recertification credits. -Summer Field Day – one full day session with a variety of education and ability to earn MDA recertification credits. Takes place at Calvin College with vendors exhibiting during lunch.
- Exclusive Member Benefits – several wholesale and associate members have exclusive offers for AGRLP members.
- www.agrlp.org – lists members with their services for public access and also links to member websites
- West Michigan Home & Garden Show – our members build the main garden exhibit and have the opportunity to volunteer during the show with free exposure to and networking with the public.
- AGRLP Golf Outing –have fun networking with your colleagues. Sponsorships available.
- AGRLP Landscape Awards – our members compete for these annual awards and receive recognition on our website, various media, and at our Annual Awards Banquet.
- Networking opportunities – various events to network with others in our industry. - AGRLP Scholarships – $3,000 is budgeted annually for horticulture scholarships.
- Quarterly newsletters sent to AGRLP members.
- Community Outreach Events like our Earth Day and Arbor Day Projects.
- Legislative updates and lobbying efforts through our chapter involvement with the MNLA.
- Monthly exposure in The Michigan Landscape Magazine, a publication by the MNLA.